Wednesday 9 May 2018

WOW: Rails Blocks Done!

WOW = WIPs On Wednesdays
I've been offline for the last 3 days because of NBN cable work on our street (again!) and it feels like a lifetime. Times like these, I wonder if the internet has taken over my life! Anyhow, I didn't waste a single minute. I finished my Rails blocks and, as you can see, got myself all nicely organised with the different fabric arrangements. 

Eventually I had to stash them in sets so I wouldn't confuse myself when it comes to stitching them down. They're gorgeous, I love each one in it's own way. And I'm really happy I went with the Crystal Valley fabric range because in previous BOMs, I have suffered fabric regret. But not this time, I really love how all the blocks are looking. 
It took me the whole week to get them done because I can't sit in my sewing chair for more than 15 minutes at a time. It's super frustrating. When the pain gets too much, I have to stop. In those downtime hours I've been catching up with reading my magazine subscriptions. I am getting better, and the pain is definitely less that it was a month ago, but I still can't get in my car or walk any stairs. I'm hoping that will improve this week as I work towards stretching and moving more.

Still, progress IS progress, isn't it!

What's Your WOW?



5 comments:

  1. Dear Esther

    You have been very busy. Love the colours, they go very well together. Glad to hear you are on the mend. It is no fun when one want to get things done and life throw one of those speed bumps across your path. The same thing has been happening our side. So, taking the advise of a friend, just go with the flow. Amazingly, doing just that more got done and on time than what I expected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Esther so wonderful to see you are managing a little sewing at a time, its surprising how much gets done though in 15mins if you keep doing it. Your colours are so lovely, looking forward to seeing your Morning Glory evolve. Cheers Glenda who is loving making up Queens Garden at the moment such a fun and beautiful design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some progress is better than none. I also like the Crystal Valley collection. It is interesting seeing the fabrics come together in blocks. May you continue to improve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks are beautiful (of course!), but be sure to give yourself the time to heal and relax. Baby steps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Esther,
    So many good things in your post! No fabric regrets is always a fabulous thing, and that you can now sit in your chair for 15 minutes is a vast improvement over 0 last week. Your project is making great strides, too. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...