Wednesday 17 August 2016

WOW: Custom Fitting Time

WOW = WIPs On Wednesdays
I completed the wedding dress mock up in calico last week and on Saturday I started custom pinning it to my DD as you can see here. The adjustments mean I am going to have to re-align seams in the pleat and all that kind of business. I'll blog more about this process just as soon as I'm over this sewing hurdle. There's a lot to adjust to get the fit adequately tight to hold up the skirt. Today I'm awaiting for the imported lace to arrive by courier so we can move past the lace curtains stage.

It's an exciting time in my household and I'm really enjoying each stitch.

What's Your WOW?


6 comments:

  1. Hi Esther I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of lace your DD has chosen? I had a very long train which was a cream quipure lace, which I still have 50 years later and it looks just the same now as it did the day I wore it?? Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an exciting time for your and your daughter. Good luck with all the alterations. It looks like it is in safe hands. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh - I remember when I needed fitted - now just a big straight tube would be what I need sigh....

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are truly an inspiration to me. I am so enjoying reading your posts and look forward to seeing this beautiful dress come together under your skilled hands.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made my dress. Unfortunately, I had to try and "fix" it myself. My Mom was in another country and my GF had no idea of how to sew :( I am glad your daughter has you to make this. I will enjoy watching the posts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...