Monday 7 September 2015

I Forgot Father's Day

With one thing and another I've been in a bit of a spin. On Saturday, my DH and I took one of those long meandering drives in the country. I really needed some fresh air and country 'switch off' time. In our house I have been trying to aim towards 3 screen free days a week. It's going really well except for the emails that back up. And another thing - I keep losing track of what day it is. So on Saturday I was blissfully unaware that it was in fact Saturday. And that the following day was in fact Sunday and not just any Sunday, but Father's Day as well. Of course I was unprepared. And when my DDs showed up, I was still in my dressing gown and hadn't even ironed the table cloth yet.

at over 3 metres length, it's a real chore to have to get it done last minute

I mean really. You know you're getting old when your own children tutt tutt at you. Luckily my DDs had gone ahead and organised Father's Day all on their own. All we had to do was be there, fully dressed. But sometimes, even that feels like too much work. I should probably be embarrassed that all 'events' now involve photographs of me, not yet dressed, running around doing something I should have done days before. Perhaps the advantage of age is that I no longer care as much as I once did about this? Is it just me? What about you? I'd love to know that I'm not alone...

4 comments:

  1. I am much more relaxed about things like that now that I am older. I realize that it just isn't important enough to get upset about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so nice when the kids can take over all these holidays... Seems though for the most part I have to remind them I am NOT cooking LOL. Well sometimes it works but most time not.
    Hugs Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - you are not alone. The kids do like doing that stuff, so I let them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You shouldn't worry, like Mother's Day, every day is Mum and Dad's day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...