Wednesday 26 November 2014

WOW: LE's Hardest Block

WOW = WIPs On Wednesdays 
I know I said I was about to take an LE 'holiday', but just before putting away my LE project box and getting my household ready for Christmas, I decided that I should tackle the hardest block and have that out of the way first. So what's the hardest block in Love Entwined? This swirling leaf. 
Of course, it's do-able but I have found it to be so small, fiddly and tricky! It requires perfect preparation, patience and a whole day of calm determination. I have used my usual edge turn applique technique so there's nothing daunting about the how of these pieces - just the actual process, they're just so concentrated. 
this is oh so satisfying and now, I can take that LE break with a big smile of my face
 What's Your WOW ?

8 comments:

  1. I am truly impressed! have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Esther I agree it is a daunting task this border and I have been putting it off since it was uploaded. After reading your WOW blog last week I decided I really needed to start my pre work for this border. Well I did start LOL. I made templates of all the pieces in the corner block 17 of them out of 3 layers of ironed freezer paper. I'm using iron on wash away freezer paper to back my silks so have to cut one template for each piece!!!!!! Some of these need to be made 4 times but some 128 times!!!! Sadly the ones that need to be made 128 times are the smallest pieces, I gasped when I saw all those pieces all ready cut and ironed on your fabric this morning. Now I know why I have been procrastinating so long on this area LOL. Thanks so mach for giving me this challenge and taking me yet again out of my comfort zone Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work always amazes me. I really need to pull mine out and see where I go with those borders since I screwed them up. Hopefully I can fix it.
    Hugs Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  4. They may be tiny, even tedious, but they are oh, so very sweet! I love the fabric with the coppery color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your swirling leaves look amazing - as ever! Seeing them reminds me all over again 1) what a fab applique-er you are and 2) exactly why I am stopping after the middle square! So pleased that you have reaches a satisfying place in which to take a holiday from it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very tedious indeed. But you make it look easy and beautiful. I too like the coppery color along with all the rest. Have a happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Esther, so many little parts! Just your thing! As we approach Thanksgiving here in Maryland I want to thank you for your blog, your link parties that I visit each week, and wish you a great holiday season coming up. LeeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...