Thursday 15 August 2013

Love Entwined: Part 3 is Launched



This month the elements surrounding the centre take position: the east and south circle of hearts, the north and south polka dot crosses.

 
 
 
This is where we're up to, quilt wise:

 
I don't know about you, but there's something in this month that makes my heart flutter. You can definitely tell it's a marriage coverlet that's taking shape, and the positioning of these elements reminds us how much love, care and consideration was put into the design.
I love this circle of hand drawn hearts, it's beautiful. I recommend reverse applique for this block, the symbols and details are too rich to ignore and really add to the quilt's detail.
Of course, I should know by now that with so many of you making Love Entwined, there'll be a style shown over in the group to suit everyone and I can't wait to see how you make it up.


Of course, now that my fabric has arrived, I'll be starting my own Love Entwined tutorials right here on my blog very soon. If you haven't started yet: it's not too late. Usually, each part is available for free during the month of it's release and then it's removed. However I have left the previous parts to this BOM up over in my Group so that as many newcomers as possible can start for free.

The response to Love Entwined has been overwhelming and I'm happy to welcome a few more quilters before I take down the previous blocks.
 
If you do create a tutorial on your own working method please consider adding it to the Love Entwined Page at the top of this blog. It has an ongoing linky so that whoever is making this quilt can share what they are doing: this way all blog posts can easily be found in one place.
 
With so many of us making this quilt, it's always interesting to see other quilters' workmanship and ideas, so feel free to share even if you are doing things a little differently.
 
Can't wait to see what you do this month...

'Love Entwined 1790 Marriage Coverlet’ is a Free 18 Month Historic BOM
Each ‘block’ of the month is released monthly, on the 15th of each month. All ‘blocks’ are available for free during the month of their release. Any missed ‘blocks’ may be purchased.
All ‘blocks’ are available for download via my Yahoo BOM Group only

21 comments:

  1. So glad your power held out! It will be fun to see what everyone comes up with. May your home have peace and quiet now that the part is safely up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this part 3 is beautiful - not say what we already have been working on isn't but something about part 3 is just heart tugging I guess you could say - beautiful and almost delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got it! I do love those hearts and look forward to seeing how others reverse applique them. Thank you, Esther, for your generosity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It just gets more beautiful and more exciting each time. I look forward to starting! Thank you so much for these wonderful patterns, Esther!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those hearts......which colors.... oh I look forward to start, first a day of work and in the evening then.......I begin with part 3!
    Thanks again

    groet Ineke Marijnissen-van der Molen
    Holland

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's absolutely beautiful Esther - thank you. Cant wait, I love reverse applique, now just got to finish those pesky little zigzags! Celia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Esther, thank you for this great pattern!! You made a big fuss in blogland with this and I love it! I am almost done with the zigzag of part two, so almost ready for the beautiful third part. Greetings from the Netherlands

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Wow, I love part 3, now I hope to finish part two this weekend. Yes part three protrudes love, we can feel it in the air. Thanks Esther for this wonderful journey.
    Hugs Turtle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I can't wait to start but first I will be thinking about how to tackle the hearts, maybe some practice hearts are in order! Thanks again for this lovely pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you very much Esther, love your fabric choice, and yes the magic of this quilt is so strong, I keep saying I will only do the center part, even though I know in my heart I cannot resist and will go through the whole 18 months. And it will last longer than that to finish this but who cares if magic is involved.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you again Esther I am so very excited about this quilt as you know. I am enjoying my journey. I am looking forward to your start with your beautiful fabrics.
    You are in many people's hearts all around the world.
    Hugs Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Esther,
    It looks stunning again! I think you are doing a marvellous job, thank you for all the work!
    I haven't started yet, I consider myself an unexperienced applique quilter, so I read everything everybody is writing and showing and I'm learning so much! I'm curious when I will start this quilt, but that I will start one day is for sure. Thanks for everything, your inspiration, and I enjoy reading your blog very much!

    Sjoukje from The Netherlands

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your fabrics. Thank you again for all your hard work and this lovely quilt. I too am inexperienced but am enjoying every step of others progress and someday I will be there too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Blogger Jane in Wales said ... Mamifleur and said the same words as Jane!
    It just gets more beautiful and more exciting Each Time. I look forward to starting! Thank you so much for
    these wonderful patterns, Esther!
    My English is not very good but I understand a little, I use Google translate and I'm happy for your kindness to offer us these beautiful patterns!
    I send you all my love to my little corner of France!


    August 15, 2013 at 3:29 PM

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes Esther those hearts do make the heart flutter, this hold journey is so meaningful, first quilt that has my mind whirring on what inspired it in the first place, what the story is etc., it is such a fantastic journey and thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, it's SO pretty! I love the hearts and the cross. I just love everything about this quilt.

    Thank you for doing this!

    Cindy in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've fallen in love with this gorgeous quilt! What a beauty!!
    Thanks for all your work and for letting us join you in this "labour of love"!
    Have a great day and enjoy!
    Greetings from the Netherlands, Ria.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh , your quilt is amazing.
    Looks so fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the heart applique. Your fabrics look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's so nice, I want's to make it with you.
    I joint your group.
    Thank you for your work
    Regard arlette

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dear Esther. Thank you so very, very much. I am enjoying this tremendously and admire and respect the enourmous amount of work you put into this beautiful and exciting project. Kind regards! Annette from the Netherlands

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...