Monday 30 May 2011

Monday Madness

Did you take time to browse through WOW last wednesday? Well, I was delighted with it. 19 bloggers took part and I really enjoyed visiting each and everyone to see what they were up to. Thursday and Friday I got back into my own workload and hopefully I will be able to start sharing finished WIPs soon...ish....maybe.


Apologies to those who I was not able to comment on directly, something strange is going on and I am unable to post comments on other blogs at the moment. I was able to post a few and then my sign in fell out - and it never re-accepts it. This only happens via other blogs when I try to sign into the comments section with blogger...and it doesn't effect my actual blogging. Very strange and I can't understand why.
Blogging can be so maddening! I dont know what to do about it, I am hoping it will resolve itself as it's definitely something to do with blogger.

Today, trying to resolve this blogger thing has driven me to baking! Well, yes, I had been putting it off as I've been too busy quilting to do any baking and it's so easy to just buy some nice biscuits. Except, when I read the ingredients listings on biscuits nowadays - it drives me back into the kitchen.

I know it's easier to buy them but I can't ignore how much artificial junk is in them and I like to always have homemade biscuits in the house, for my DH.

Today I have gone the way of Too Simple with this easy easy easy recipe: (makes 25 - 30 teaspoon sized biscuits)

1 cup butter
2 cups flour
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon cornflour / cornstarch

Simply mix all together ( I put it all together in the kitchen wizz), pop in the fridge for 30 minutes. Then, spoon off some mixture and bake for 10-15mins at 180c or until golden.

These simple failproof recipes are the best. For the jam variety I made a dip with a spoon and filled it with home made jam, for the almond variety I just sprinkled some slivered almonds on top and pressed down.

You can spice it  / modify so easily and it turns out perfect all the time.

Now that the biscuit jar is full, I have quilting work to do, and hopefully I will be commenting again soon...

6 comments:

  1. Hi Esther, try using Firefox instead of your current browser. That will allow you to post comments on other blogs.

    Blogger is working on solving the problem which has been going on for a few days.

    Those cookies look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Esther!
    I went thru that last week. I had to create an alternate gmail account and then click on the little box to say I forgot my password. This lead me to another window, I had to tell them how I use Goggle accounts, etc (blogger, gmail for me) and then they sent me an email to the new email address with a link to pick a new password!
    I had tried to use hotmail and my work email, but it came down to wanting me to update in goggle.
    Good Luck, take care, Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ester! I had the same problem with my blogging. Could not sign in seems to be better today. I will try these today they look yummy. Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks wonderful...and yes, blogger has been driving me nutzzz as well but it has finally stopped.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Esther, you're not alone in the sign-in problem. I was using Firefox, but now it won't let me sign in at all to comment. I've switched to Safari, and so far, so good. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...